This month we threw a party for your eyes: including sparkle, shimmer, and a little drama, too. Peep inside March’s Lash Bash Box below!
Every BB5 Babe received:
We can all use another eyeshadow and there’s nothing wrong with adding to your collection— we love collecting and comparing formulas! Just one swipe (seriously) of this True Metals shadow by Prestige Cosmetics yields super bold color and a foiled, metallic finish. Swatch the color on your hand to feel the buttery, smooth texture and see the pigmented color.
When it comes to wear, these True Metal eyeshadows are perfect for a dramatic, nighttime look or a simple daytime look— it’s all about the application. If you’re going out, why not pair this eyeshadow with a little of the cosmetic glitter (below!) and stand out? Gently dust the glitter over blended shadow or place the glitter in the inner corners of your eyes for a pop of sparkle. If glitter eyes aren’t your thing, wet your brush before application of your shadow for even more metallic pigment payoff – or even use a damp liner brush with your True Metals shadow for a bold, metallic wing! For a less-dramatic daytime glam, use your favorite blending brush and gently powder all over the lid. Don’t forget the eyeshadow primer, babes!
Before you toss this beauty to the back of your makeup bag and forget about it, think about the versatility of this little tub of shimmer! Bellapierre’s Cosmetic Glitter particles are super fine, so they’re safe for use near eyes and mouth.
We’ve gotten a few questions about this glitter, and we’re happy to help!
How do I wear the glitter? Not only can you create unlimited eye makeup looks – hello cut creases and glitter liner!– but you can jump on the glitter lip trend, throw some glitter in your hair for an upcoming music festival, sprinkle some in your favorite nail polish, or with summer approaching, dust some glitter on your body for an intriguing sparkle that will offset your strapless dress or bikini (and is way more foolproof than self tanner!). We pinned some of our favorite glitter looks, too – can you say GORGEOUS?
How do I keep the glitter adhered to my skin? Our favorite primers to use are Bellapierre Makeup Base, Glitter Primer from NYX Cosmetics, or Glitter Glue by Too Faced, and we recommend a flat eyeshadow brush and a “stamping” method for the actual application. If you want a crisp, clean glitter line (think cut crease), we recommend using eyelash adhesive to keep the glitter in place. We know this sounds crazy, but it really is the best method to get glitter to stay without too much fallout. Try it and you’ll see what we mean- just make sure to keep your eyes closed until it dries!
Where will I wear my glitter? If you live in a casual place or never wear anything flashy, save your glitter for your birthday or a party! The holidays are also a prime time for glitter and no one will question glitter during Christmas.
Any other questions? Send us a DM on Instagram or a private message on Facebook! We’ll be happy to answer any of your sparkle inquires.
If you’re not a false eyelash gal (or even if you are!), you’ll definitely want to try out this Lash Extending Primer. Acting as a base for mascara, this lightweight formula is the perfect first step to any eye look, adding fullness and length to your lashes before mascara is even applied, while also hydrating lashes for a soft texture that keeps your mascara from flaking all day long.
Curl your lashes, then apply this primer directly to your eyelashes, being careful not to overcoat! Don’t be shocked by the white color – it dries completely clear, but give it a few minutes to set before applying your favorite mascara on top- otherwise you’ll have grey lashes. Team BB5 loves a multi-purpose moment, and we learned firsthand from Manna Kadar, that you can also apply this pretty tube to your lashes before bed for an overnight, hydrating lash treatment, or even use it in place of brow gel – perfect for saving space in your makeup bag!
Don’t be intimidated, babes! With a little practice and patience, lashes will become the easiest and most routine part of your makeup process. Many people think falsies aren’t for them, but you just have to take the right steps in your application and evaluate the right lashes for you! Keep in mind that everyone has a different eye shape, so favorite lash style will vary from person to person. We picked two natural styles, because they look great on everyone and are great for first timers because of the flexible, thin band.
To help you master the art of the falsie, we’ve got a video AND detailed written instructions below, so scroll to slay!
Lash help is here! 💘 Erin at Team BB5 is showing you how simple it is to slay this month's @sweepbeauty false eyelashes – and you've got 5 pairs to practice with, too, so take a deep breath, and let's do this. 😜 QUICK TIPS: Make sure you measure along your lashline, cut lash to your eye size, then apply glue and wait for it to get tacky – about 30 seconds! Next, using your included Lash Helper tool, place the lash, center first, on the "nook" above your natural lashes – remember, glue to skin, not lashes- then flip your Lash Heller around to tuck the ends of the band into place and clamp the falsies to your real lashes. 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈 We've got an even more detailed step-by-step on the blog – link in our profile now! ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ More lash Qs? Leave them in the comments, and don't forget to tag us in your hot fire falsies selfies!
Ready to pop ‘em on? Take a deep breath, grab your glue, and let’s do this.
1. Curl your lashes and apply some mascara before applying falsies! Mascara helps blend your real eyelashes with the fake ones (this is especially important for our light haired gals).
2. Look in the mirror and examine your own eyes. Find your natural lash line and the little “nook” that’s right above it. (It may be helpful to tilt your head up for a better view.) This ‘nook’ is where you want to place the band of the lashes- not on your natural lashes- but right above. Remember: we’re gluing to skin – not to lashes.
3. Take another deep breath. You got this!
4. Gently peel your false lashes off their backing, measure them to your closed eyelid, and then trim to fit your eye size. This step is SO important, because you don’t want your lashes trailing off into your temples and there’s nothing worse than a falsie being too close to the inner corner of your eye, so cut any excess off, and check again. Once you cut one lash, you can measure it to the other as a guide, but make sure you check each individually.
5. Grip the lashes gently with the Sweep Beauty Lash Helper tool, and apply your eyelash adhesive to the band of the lashes. Our favorite glue is Duo Lash adhesive, of course, but there are many other reliable brands of eyelash glue – try your local drugstore or beauty supply! Wait until glue is tacky (about 30 seconds!) and use the lash helper to place the band in the ’nook’ that’s just on top of your natural lash line. You may have to do this in pieces – so secure the middle of the band first. Once the lash is placed in the middle, use the back end of the helper to tuck the eyelash securely into your lash line on both sides — this ensures the lash is snugly in place.
6. Once the glue dries (about a minute) you can use the Lash Helper again to gently clamp your real lashes and falsies together for a blended look.
Go forth and slay!
Questions about March’s pretty lineup? Leave them in the comments below!
(Oh, and there’s still time to get your invite to the Lash Bash! Subscribe before midnight CST on 2/21 (tonight!) to receive the March Box as your first box!)